Hello beautiful, I’m Cat and I’m so glad you’re here.
I feel it is my mission to empower women to reveal their magic. To find their light, own their truth and share it with the world. I believe everyone has something special inside of them to share.
I especially want to encourage women living with a chronic illness, or Cancer, or even both! This is because I am living with Cancer, and it is much like having a chronic illness.
Having Cancer definitely makes you look at your life. I think any potentially life-threatening illness or situation will do that to a person. I have never actually been told my Cancer is ‘incurable’, but it is likely to keep coming back. And I’ll keep fighting it with another procedure or treatment. As I write this is I have a small nodule in my right lung, which we are keeping an eye on. When I was first diagnosed at 21 I told my then boyfriend (now husband) that if I was going to die I wanted to get married first. It was the one thing I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to be married. When it came back a second, and third time, more recently, it’s made me realise that though I don’t fear death. I do fear being forgotten. Not making an impact on the world, on people. This realisation hit me like a tonne of bricks one afternoon when I watched this video shared on Facebook by a friend. And that’s when I knew I had to do something…
This awakening has made me realise that helping people is something I am very passionate about. It’s also enabled me see what my strengths are, to see my light. I want to inspire others to do the same.
- There’s not enough self-love in this world
- We’re all special and unique
- Your illness does not define you
- Neither does what you look like
- We have the power to make the world a better place
- We need to be the change we want to see in the world
- Dogs make the best companions
- Laughing makes you feel better, but never at anyone else’s expense
- Honesty is always the best policy
- Kindness costs nothing
- In you!
Fun Facts About Me:
- I like to talk, a lot!
- I love dogs
- I am married
- I live in the same town I grew up in
- I am a natural red-head
- I am deaf in my right ear
- I am an empath
- I love reading fantasy books
- Grey’s Anatomy is my favourite TV show