Hello beautiful, I’m Cat, otherwise known as The Chronic Entrepreneur, and I’m so glad you’re here.
I feel it is my mission to empower women to reveal their magic. To find their light, own their truth and share it with the world. I believe everyone has something special inside of them to share.
I especially want to encourage women living with a chronic illness, or Cancer, or even both! This is because I am living with Cancer, and many side effects from treatment such as chronic fatigue and balance issues. Managing these conditions and running my own business can be challenging at times. However I believe it is the best way for my family and I to get the time, creative and financial freedom I so long for.
Having Cancer definitely makes you look at your life. I think any potentially life-threatening illness or situation will do that to a person. I have never actually been told my Cancer is ‘incurable’, but it is likely to keep coming back. And I’ll keep fighting it with another procedure or treatment. As I write this is I have a small nodule in my right lung, which we are keeping an eye on (otherwise known as ‘watch and wait’). You can read my article on what it’s like to be diagnosed with cancer for more info.
I was originally diagnosed in 2006 when I was just 21. To be honest I didn’t really come to terms with my diagnosis and just did everything I could to get ‘back to normal’ as soon as possible. When it came back a second, and third time, more recently, it’s made me realise that I have a fear of being forgotten. It may sound terribly morbid to most. But, I know I need to make an impact on the world. And I see the internet as my best way to do that.
This awakening has made me realise that helping people is something I am very passionate about. It’s also enabled me see what my strengths are, to see my light. I want to inspire others to do the same. So, I started this blog in an effort to share my expertise on living with a long-term health condition whilst balancing work, life and an entrepreneurial drive.
- There’s not enough self-love in this world
- We are all special and unique
- Your illness does not define you
- Neither does what you look like
- We have the power to make the world a better place
- We need to be the change we want to see in the world
- Dogs make the best companions
- Laughing makes you feel better, but never at anyone else’s expense
- Honesty is always the best policy
- Kindness costs nothing
- In you!
Fun Facts About Me:
- I like to talk, a lot! (Sign up to my newsletter if you really want to see how much!)
- I love dogs, and have two
- I am married
- I met my husband at University
- I live in the same town I grew up in
- I am a natural red-head
- I am deaf in my right ear
- I am an empath
- I love reading fantasy books
- Grey’s Anatomy is my favourite TV show
- I’m obsessed with unicorns
- My full-time job is designing luxury bathrooms